Dear reader, welcome to my abode. It's so good to have you here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

10 June 2016

The Prophet - Part 1


It was a sunny afternoon and the skies were beautiful. Shortly after I ate lunch, Annie called me into the living room, saying my aunt had summoned me. When I got to the living room, a strange man was seated next to my aunt.

As I walked towards them, the man scrutinized me. I greeted both my aunt and the man, but my greetings feel on deaf ears. The strange man looked at my aunt and said "she's the one". With a start that dumbfounded me, my aunt landed a slap on my face. The man walked out the door, after speaking in low tones with my aunt.


That afternoon, I received the beating of my life. The crux of my pain was that I had no idea why I was being beaten. My aunt finally let the cat out of the bag after she had almost beaten me to a pulp. "Thief" was what she called me.

I couldn't believe my ears. Why did she call me a thief? I had never stolen from her. Suddenly, it dawned on me what the man had referred to when he said "she's the one."

Few days later, the man returned. I overheard my aunt address him as "prophet". The prophet called me to the living room and demanded a confession from me. He said he saw me in a vision, swallowing my aunt's money. He said I was possessed.

The prophet told my aunt that he needed to cleanse me, as the evil spirit would soon consume me. I lost all hope when my aunt nodded in approval. After tying my hands and feet, the prophet undressed me. He rubbed something he said was holy oil all over my body.

I'm Sorry I Was Born This Way, Dad

When There's Pain, But No Pain 

Will You Still Come Home To Me