Dear reader, welcome to my abode. It's so good to have you here. I hope you enjoy your stay.

27 September 2015

Sunday

Well, when I woke up this
Morning, it was a Sunday.
The birds were singing the
Night away. Someone was
Playing Gospel songs three
Rooms away from mine. Haha!
They do that only on Sundays!

With sleepy eyes, I stumble out
Of bed. First to the refrigerator
For a glass of water. It is my
Room, remember? I know my
Way around. Switching on the
Light, I glance at the wall clock.
It's 5 o'clock and I'm feeling fine.

My stocking is on the chair. My
7 New Week Resolutions are
Pinned on the wall. I think about
The past week and I tell you, I
Almost cried. Ever had some
Crazy weeks? Phew! That one
Was right at the top of my list.

So, it's all the best for the week
Ahead. Well, I hope so. Now, my
Eyes are sharp. Not in the least
Way am I staggering. I bowed
And I prayed. I actually rushed
Because I had to prepare for
Church. I didn't want to be late.

I hadn't ironed my dress. I hadn't
Prepared the accessories I'd use.
Maybe I should have woken up
Earlier. I shrugged. It wasn't time
To lay blames. Multitasking has
Always been my thing. Today,
It came in handy. It had to.

I stood in front of the mirror.
Alas! I was dazed at what I saw.
It was worth it, after all. I couldn't
Bring myself to glance at the clock.
As I dashed off, I could only hope
I wasn't late. You should have seen
Me this Sunday. I looked superb.